This green paper considers the options for addressing some of the short- to medium-term issues in health and disability benefits. It will also start a discussion about the opportunities for wider change to deliver on the objectives of the health and disability benefit system.
We are consulting on the following aspects of our support for disabled people and people with health conditions:
- Ways to provide more support to help meet the needs of disabled people and people with health conditions and allow them to more easily access and use benefits and services.
- Improve employment support for disabled people and people with health conditions, and how to encourage people to take up that support, where possible.
- Short-term improvements to our current services such as improvements to assessments and decision making, to improve the experience of disabled people.
- Changes to future assessments and alternative approaches.
- Changes that could be made to the structure of the main benefits claimed by working-age disabled people and people with health conditions.
Audio summary of the green paper
Full audio of the green paper
British Sign Language (BSL) version of the green paper
Order accessible formats
- Hard copy of full publication
- Hard copy of Easy Read version
- Hard copy of Welsh version
- 20pt version
- Audio CD
The formats listed above can be requested by:
Health and Disability Green Paper
6-12 Tothill Street