Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
The main conclusion of the review was that Public Health England performs necessary functions and should continue to operate as an executive agency. The review report also contains recommendations to improve performance, governance and efficiency.
As explained in Cabinet Office guidance on reviewing public bodies, the department reviews its arm’s length bodies at least once every Parliament.
This tailored review looks at PHE’s performance and effectiveness, efficiency, and governance.
We want to know what you think about:
- whether PHE performs necessary functions
- whether these functions are delivered effectively
- how issues are prioritised and how well PHE performs
- whether PHE is efficient and provides good value for money
- whether the governance processes are appropriate and effective