Detail of outcome
Detail of feedback received
The government contracted OPM Group to receive, collate and analyse consultation responses on behalf of DfT. OPM Group’s report of the findings gives a detailed summary of respondents’ views.
We are consulting on proposals to:
- support the reform of airspace, thereby maximising the economic and social benefits of aviation
- minimise the negative local impacts of aviation
We are seeking comment on proposals to update policy on the management of UK airspace including:
- the role of an Independent Commission on Civil Aviation Noise to ensure noise impacts are openly considered
- providing industry with the ability to assess noise impacts and guidance to help them manage change more effectively
- bringing compensation policy for airspace changes in line with policy on changes to aviation infrastructure
- greater flexibility for London’s major airports, so they can adapt noise management to the needs of their local communities
The policy principles set out in the consultation document will influence decisions, including how:
- local communities can have their say on airspace matters
- industry should take into account the impacts on local communities and act to reduce them
The draft ‘Air navigation guidance on airspace and noise management and environmental objectives’ shows how these policy principles could be put into place.
We are running regional consultation information events for invited stakeholders. If you think you should have been invited, please contact us on 0800 689 4968.