This is the government response to the Reforming policy on the design and use of UK airspace consultation.
The government will implement proposals, including:
- a new Secretary of State call in power on airspace changes of national importance
- changes to aviation noise compensation policy
- the creation of the Independent Commission on Civil Aviation Noise (ICCAN) as a new non-departmental public body
- a new requirement for options analysis in airspace change
- new metrics and appraisal guidance to assess noise impacts and their impacts on health and quality of life