Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
This is the government response to the consultation on reviewing the 2016 to 2019 Public Health Outcomes Framework (PHOF).
From 2019 to 2020, there will be 75 high level indicator categories which include 161 individual indicators. A full list of the indicators from 2019 to 2020 is available in Annex C. The indicators help us measure the public’s health and wellbeing.
The main changes are:
- to either the method or the data of 10 existing indicators
- replacing 8 indicators with different indicator(s) on the same topic (including one vaccination indicator)
- removing 17 indicators (including 2 vaccination indicators)
- adding 21 new indicators to the PHOF (including 5 vaccination indicators)
The indicators that will be removed from 2019 to 2020 are listed in Annex D.
The Public Health Outcomes Framework (PHOF) was established in 2012 and its indicators are reviewed every 3 years. Public Health England (PHE) is planning to update the PHOF in the summer 2019, to ensure that it continues to be relevant and meets the needs of users.
This proposal document is divided into 6 themes with indicators that will:
- remain the same
- remain but will have a change to either the method or data source
- be replaced with an alternative indicator(s) on the same topic
- be removed from 2019
- be included from 2019
- be added, replaced or removed to reflect the changes in the immunisation/vaccination schedule
PHE would like feedback from users on this proposal to ensure the changes are helpful and appropriate. You can have your say by completing our online survey.
If you experience any problems accessing the online survey please email PHOF.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Details on historic PHOF consultations and outcomes are also available for information.