Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
Outcome for the security enhancement designation orders. The next steps are that, subject to further legal checks, the ports designation orders will be laid before Parliament.
This outcome was published on 25 October 2012.
Seeks views about implementing enhanced security at ports, in accordance with Directive 2005/65/EC, and complementing existing measures to help prevent successful maritime terrorist incidents.
The authorities being affected are the Port of:
- Portland and the Port of Portland Security Authority
- Grangemouth and the Port of Grangemouth Security Authority
- Workington and the Port of Workington Security Authority
- Milford Haven and the Port of Milford Haven Security Authority
- Liverpool and the Port of Liverpool Security Authority
- Tees, Port of Hartlepool and the Port of Tees and Hartlepool Port Security Authority
- Aberdeen and the Port of Aberdeen Security Authority