Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
This consultation concluded on 21 April 2016. The outcome report, final map area and site citation are attached on this page.
For more information on this site:
- visit the Designated Sites System
- type ‘Northumberland Marine SPA’ into the site name field
- click on search
Special Protection Areas (SPAs) are special sites designated under the EU Birds Directive to protect rare, vulnerable and migratory birds.
The proposal for Northumberland Marine is to:
- create a new SPA to support internationally important bird populations detailed in the consultation documents
- add features to 3 existing terrestrial SPAs:
- Coquet Island
- Farne Islands
- Northumbria Coast
This area is particularly important to these birds as much of the sea around their breeding colonies is the ideal feeding habitat.
The proposal is available as a series of separate documents (attached above). You should:
- read the consultation summary that sets out the aims of the proposal
- read the departmental briefs that provide the scientific explanation behind the proposal
- use the maps to locate the proposal site(s)
Use the ‘respond online’ link below to give your views.