Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
This publication is the government response to the consultation on a set of draft regulations that proposed changes to the NHS Pension Scheme for England & Wales.
We received 4 responses, but no objections to the draft regulations. Responses came from:
- the Federation of Clinical Scientists (FCS)
- the NHS Employers organisation
- the scheme administrators
- a pension scheme member
The department has taken the technical changes into account in the final version of the amending regulations laid before parliament.
The Department of Health is consulting on proposals to amend NHS Pension Scheme regulations. The draft NHS Pension Scheme, Additional Voluntary Contributions, Compensation for Premature Retirement and Injury Benefits (Amendment) Regulations 2014 will:
- re-introduce provisions requiring the Scheme actuary to undertake an actuarial valuation of the NHS Pension Scheme as at 31 March 2012
- implement the first phase of changes arising from and related to the Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Act 2013, including related changes to survivor benefits for persons who are not a same sex spouse
Regulations to implement pension scheme changes are subject to final agreement by health ministers and HM Treasury.