Download the full outcome
PDF, 998KB, 84 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Detail of outcome
‘Your Data: Better Security, Better Choice, Better Care’ is the government’s response to:
- the National Data Guardian for Health and Care’s ‘Review of Data Security, Consent and Opt-Outs’
- the public consultation on that review
- the Care Quality Commission’s Review ‘Safe Data, Safe Care’
It also reflects on what we heard through consultation to set out immediate and longer-term action for implementation.
Seeks views on the proposed data security standards and new consent and opt-outs model for data sharing in the NHS and social care.
This consultation ran from
This consultation seeks views on the proposed data security standards and the consent/opt-outs model from health and care professionals and organisations and the public.
This follows the independent review of data security, consent and opt-outs by National Data Guardian Dame Fiona Caldicott. The review includes:
- 10 new data security standards
- a method of testing compliance with these standards
- a new consent model for data sharing in health and social care
MS Word Document, 117KB
Published: 6 July 2016
Updated: 12 July 2017
- Added ‘Your Data: Better Security, Better Choice, Better Care’, which is the government’s response to the consultation on the National Data Guardian for Health and Care’s review of data security, consent and opt-outs; and to the Care Quality Commission’s review ‘Safe Data, Safe Care’.
- First published.
From: Department of Health