We are analysing your feedback
Visit this page again soon to download the outcome to this public feedback.
The new Maritime Labour Convention 2006 requirements implemented by the Merchant Shipping (Maritime Labour Convention) (Recruitment and Placement) Regulations would apply to UK based recruitment and placement services to the extent that their activity relates to the recruitment and placement of seafarers, and these regulations would be enforced against them.
Proposed legislation will bridge the gap between the current UK legislation and the legislation required to achieve UK compliance with the MLC.
Further information is available in:
- Draft recruitment and placement statutory instruments (DOC, 77KB)
- Recruitment and placement impact assessment (DOC, 336KB)
- Draft marine guidance note on recruitment and placement service non-mandatory certification scheme (DOC, 1616KB)
- Recruitment and placement explanatory memorandum (DOC, 62KB)
- Overview of maritime labour convention obligations for seafarer recruitment and placement services (DOC, 60KB)