Merchant shipping recruitment and placement regulations
We are analysing your feedback
Visit this page again soon to download the outcome to this public feedback.
This consultation ran from
Seeks views on the Maritime Labour Convention 2006 regulations about minimum standards on recruitment and placement.
PDF, 29.6KB, 5 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The new Maritime Labour Convention 2006 requirements implemented by the Merchant Shipping (Maritime Labour Convention) (Recruitment and Placement) Regulations would apply to UK based recruitment and placement services to the extent that their activity relates to the recruitment and placement of seafarers, and these regulations would be enforced against them.
Proposed legislation will bridge the gap between the current UK legislation and the legislation required to achieve UK compliance with the MLC.
Further information is available in:
- Draft recruitment and placement statutory instruments (DOC, 77KB)
- Recruitment and placement impact assessment (DOC, 336KB)
- Draft marine guidance note on recruitment and placement service non-mandatory certification scheme (DOC, 1616KB)
- Recruitment and placement explanatory memorandum (DOC, 62KB)
- Overview of maritime labour convention obligations for seafarer recruitment and placement services (DOC, 60KB)