Detail of outcome
The draft legislation was laid on 10 December 2018 as The Stamp Duty Land Tax (Administration) (Amendment) Regulations 2018 (S.I. 2018/1319). It will come into force on 1 March 2019.
No changes were made to the regulations as a result of the consultation.
HMRC plans to address comments on the technical aspects of the draft legislation in guidance.
The draft statutory instrument would take effect on 1 March 2019. It would make consequential amendments as a result of provisions in clause 45 of the Finance (No 3) Bill 2017 to 2019, which reduce the time limit to file a Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) return and pay the tax due.
It would also reduce the number of questions on the SDLT return.
We are also inviting comments on a proposed schedule of tenancies which would replace the 2 schedules of tenancies currently in the Stamp Duty Land Tax Manual
Before submitting your views, we recommend that you read the:
- (draft) statutory instrument
- (draft) explanatory memorandum
- (draft) Additional details about the land (Form SDLT3)
- (draft) Additional details about the transaction, including leases (Form SDLT4)
- (draft) revised schedule of tenancies