This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
How we plan to proceed with the following policies:
- replace the annual return with more flexibility to confirm companies’ basic information is correct and complete at any point
- allow companies to keep certain information on the public register instead of company registers
- provide a new a means of resolving disputes about directors’ appointments
- simplify the removal of inaccurate registered office addresses from the public register
- reduce the strike off period down from approx 6 months to 3 months
Read alongside the government response to the Transparency and Trust discussion paper.
Read the related impact assessments.
The government is consulting on proposals to remove duplication, simplify requirements and ease burdens on companies when filing information with Companies House.
This consultation ran from
The government has reviewed company law as part of its commitment to reducing unnecessary regulatory burdens under the Red Tape Challenge. We believe that there is scope to simplify the processes for filing information at Companies House and to remove duplication of effort for companies. This consultation seeks views on options for improving company law and Companies House procedures.