British Pharmacopoeia Commission: triennial review
- Department of Health and Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency
- 1 December 2014
- Last updated:
- 26 March 2015, see all updates
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
The key conclusion of the triennial (3 yearly) review was that the BPC performs necessary functions and should continue to operate as an advisory non-departmental public body. The review report also contains recommendations to improve performance, governance, and efficiency.
This consultation ran from
Seeks views on the role and performance of the British Pharmacopoeia Commission (BPC)
The department reviews all its arm’s length bodies once every 3 years.
This triennial (3 yearly) review looks at what the BPC does and how.
We want to know what you think of the BPC, including:
- whether the BPC needs to continue in its current form
- how the BPC is performing
- whether the BPC is providing good value
Published: 1 December 2014
Updated: 26 March 2015
- Consultation response added.
- First published.