- Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs
- Part of:
- Bovine TB: controlling the risk of bovine TB from badgers and Bovine tuberculosis (bovine TB)
- 28 August 2015
- Last updated:
- 30 March 2016, see all updates
Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
We received 1,378 responses to this consultation.
We have published new guidance to Natural England on licences to control the risk of bovine tuberculosis from badgers. This incorporates the three proposals that were consulted on.
Seeking views on proposals to update the licensing criteria for badger control in England. This would apply to applications from 2016.
This consultation was held on another website.
This consultation ran from
We want to know what you think about our proposed licence changes. They will provide more flexibility in controlling badger populations in areas where bovine TB is common. The changes would apply to applications to Natural England, for a licence from 2016 onwards.
Published: 28 August 2015
Updated: 30 March 2016
- Annex A of the summary of responses has been updated to include the names of two organisations that were inadvertently omitted.
- Summary of responses added.
- First published.