Guidance to Natural England: preventing spread of bovine TB
- Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs
- Part of:
- Bovine TB: controlling the risk of bovine TB from badgers and Bovine tuberculosis (bovine TB)
- 14 December 2011
- Last updated:
- 6 January 2016, see all updates
This document outlines what is required in order for any cull of badgers to be effective, safe and humane.
Guidance issued to Natural England by the Secretary of State under section 15(2) of the Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006 (NERC). This is based on current scientific evidence about what is required to ensure that any cull of badgers is considered effective, safe and humane.
This replaces previous guidance issued in December 2011.
Published: 14 December 2011
Updated: 6 January 2016
- An incorrect reference in paragraph 7j, (on page 3) has been changed from “paragraph 9e” to “paragraph 7e”.
- Revised Secretary of State guidance to Natural England added.
- First published.