This consultation closes on
Seeks views on proposals to harness the positive benefits of drones for public and commercial services and the benefits to the UK economy.
Consultation seeking views on ambition to realise the benefits drones can bring to the UK.
The changes suggest:
- creating the conditions for the cutting edge commercial use of drones to create hi tech jobs
- improve services and boost the economy
- addressing safety, security and privacy challenges and concerns that drones present
It puts forward a number of proposals
- to develop the UK’s policy and regulatory framework
- to keep pace with this fast emerging market,
- balancing the challenges appropriately without restricting the opportunity to ensure the global competitiveness
- innovation and technological investment
This consultation is on the civil use of drones; military use of drones is out of scope.
The Public dialogue on drone use in the UK was used to inform this consultation.