This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
Forty five responses were received, resulting in some some changes being made to the regulations.
The changes are to proposals about:
- scheme access for independent providers of NHS clinical services
- pensionable pay controls
- interest and administration charges on late payments
- lifetime allowance tax charge protection
The amended regulations have now been laid before Parliament.
Seeks views on amendments to extend scheme access to independent providers of NHS clinical services, and increase member contribution rates.
This consultation ran from
The Department of Health is consulting on proposals to amend NHS Pension Scheme regulations. The draft NHS Pension Scheme (Amendment) Regulations 2014 will:
- introduce new scheme access requirements for independent providers of NHS clinical services
- increase member contribution rates from 1 April 2014
- accommodate the HM Revenue & Customs Fixed & Individual Protection 2014 tax facilities
- make other miscellaneous & technical amendments
Regulations that implement pension scheme changes are subject to final agreement by health ministers and HM Treasury.
MS Excel Spreadsheet, 14.4KB