Documents relating to Ofsted's inspections of local authority children's services.
Local authority inspections: single inspection framework
Monitoring inadequate local authorities
Local authority inspections: targeted
There is also a joint inspections of local area services collection with documents and reports for joint targeted inspections by Ofsted, Care Quality Commission, HM Inspectorate of Constabulary and HM Inspectorate of Probation.
Published: 3 December 2014
Updated: 1 February 2017
- New section for social care.
- New section for monitoring inadequate local authorities.
- Updated with safeguarding concerns guidance for inspectors.
- Updated for targeted inspection documents.
- Added 'Local authority children’s services judged inadequate: examples of common weaknesses'.
- Updated with links to new inspector guidance on children's services judged as 'requires improvement' or 'inadequate'.
- First published.