MOD surplus equipment for sale
Ministry of Defence equipment for sale such as ships, boats, vehicles, aeroplanes and helicopters.
The Ministry of Defence (MOD) sells surplus equipment through the Disposal Services Authority (DSA)
The MOD manages the sale and transfer of land, sea, and air defence equipment to foreign governments through Capital equipment sales.
Please note: the Pre-qualification questionnaire is used for the selection of potential purchase of government vessels.
Published: 30 January 2014
Updated: 31 October 2016
- Removed: Notice of sale: car ferry, MV Strangford (MMSI: 235004601) and passenger ferry, Rachlyn (MMSI: 235054741); Advert of sale: former forward repair ship RFA Diligence
- Added sale of former RFA Diligence.
- Added Sale of 1 car ferry and 1 passenger ferry.
- Added new page for the sale of HMS Illustrious.
- Remove expired adverts.
- Added sale of former HMS Walney, Endurance and HMCC Sentinel.
- Removed sale of 3 BAe 125 CC3 aircraft, with engines
- Added Sale of 3 BAe 125 CC3 aircraft, with engines.
- Removed sales which have now closed.
- Added new equipment for sale.
- Added sale of Tristar dynamic simulator.
- Removed expressions of interest where closing dates have passed.
- Added advance sale of HMS Walney and sale of Avro Shackleton MR2C aircraft tail numbers WL795.
- Added sale of a Harrier GR3 aircraft: tail number XZ130
- Removed Sale of a Gloster Javelin FAW 4 aircraft as this has now ended.
- Added Maritime equipment for sale.
- Added Sale of a Gloster Javelin FAW 4 aircraft.
- Removed Sale of Phantom aircraft.
- Added Sale of miscellaneous surplus defence equipment in Cyprus.
- Added sale of Phantom aircraft.
- Added sale of landing craft Arezzo.
- Removed "Sale of 2 former type 42 Destroyer ships for recycling" document as sale has concluded.
- Added sale of 2 type 42 destroyers.
- First published.