Check your payroll calculations manually
Use these calculators and tax tables to check payroll tax, National Insurance contributions and student loan deductions if you're an employer.
If you’re checking your payroll calculations or running a ‘what if’ calculation you can do it using these calculators or tax tables. The figures produced cannot be entered manually into your payroll software.
This page is also available in Welsh (Cymraeg).
Calculators for working out your PAYE tax and National Insurance contributions
Calculators may not work in all browsers. Find out how to update or change your browser.
Check your payroll calculations using the:
Tables for working out PAYE tax and National Insurance contributions
Use the following tables to manually check your payroll calculations:
- Tables A: Pay adjustment tables
- Taxable pay tables: manual method
- CA38: National Insurance contributions tables A, F, H, J, L, M, V and Z
- CA39: Contracted-out salary related pension schemes
- CA40: Employees allowed to pay their own National Insurance
- CA41: National Insurance contributions tables B, C, I and S
- CA42: Foreign-going mariners and deep-sea fishermen
- CA44: National Insurance for company directors
- SL3: Student and Postgraduate Loan deduction tables
Last updated 22 April 2016 + show all updates
Tables A - Pay adjustment tables has been added to the collection.
Rates, allowances and duties have been updated for the tax year 2015 to 2016.