- Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
- Part of:
- Energy and climate change: evidence and analysis
- 25 July 2013
- Last updated:
- 7 September 2016, see all updates
This series brings together all documents relating to Energy Consumption in the UK
‘Energy Consumption in the United Kingdom’ (ECUK) is an annual statistical publication that provides a comprehensive review of energy consumption and changes in efficiency, intensity and output since the 1970s, with a particular focus on trends since 2000.
ECUK covers five key sectors:
- Chapter 1: Overall energy consumption in the UK
- Chapter 2: Transport sector energy consumption
- Chapter 3: Domestic sector energy consumption
- Chapter 4: Industrial sector energy consumption
- Chapter 5: Services sector energy consumption
The publication includes a commentary covering the five sectors and also an Excel workbook with tables containing the data used in the analyses.
A user guide is also available. Readers are advised to utilise this booklet to help them understand complex terms and concepts used throughout the publication. As ECUK is presently updated on a phased basis, this guide also contains publication dates for each table in the series.
- National Statistics
Energy Trends: June 2015, special feature articles - Energy Consumption in the United Kingdom: publication of data
- Official Statistics
Published: 25 July 2013
Updated: 7 September 2016
- Archive page added.
- Energy Trends June 2015 article, Energy Consumption in the United Kingdom: publication of data, added.
- First published.