Find out about applying to the £10 million per annum Covenant Fund to support the armed forces community.
Applying to the Covenant Fund
Thank you for your interest in the Covenant Fund. The funding priorities for April 2017 to March 2018 are as follows:
- families in stress
- strengthening local government delivery of the covenant
- Armed Forces Covenant: local grants
- a single grant to produce a map of need for the Covenant Fund
- a single grant to produce an outcomes framework for the Covenant Fund
The time scales for each of these priorities are listed below.
Families in stress
For more information about this funding programme please visit our guidance page. We will reopen for expressions of interest at the end of March 2017.
We are holding an information event on 5 April 2017 in central London about the programme. If you are interested in attending please follow this link to find out more and register. Please ensure you register before 9am on 27 March 2017.
Strengthening local government delivery of the covenant
We will reopen for applications in June 2017. Updated guidance will follow shortly.
Armed Forces Covenant: local grants
We are now accepting applications for grants up to £20,000. Our online application form can be found by following this link.
For more information about this funding programme please visit our guidance page.
Single grant to produce a map of need and an outcomes framework for the Covenant Fund
For more information about this funding programme please visit our guidance page. We will open for applications to strands 1 and strands 2 on 12 January 2017.
Funding is limited, so we will only be able to fund the very best projects. As this is an enduring fund, there will be plenty of opportunity to apply in the coming months and years if your project is not quite ready yet.
If you are unsure whether your organisation or your project are likely to be funded, please do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We rejected many applications last year that would have been better served looking elsewhere for funding, and we are aware of the pressure on organisational resources, so would not wish you to waste your time developing an application that stands little or no chance of success.
Further information on the priorities, eligibility and application process can be found on the guidance page. If you have any questions which are not covered by the guidance, you can contact us by email at email@example.com.
How to apply: guidance
Published: 13 August 2015
Updated: 2 March 2017
- Updated Families in stress section
- Added information: Armed Forces Covenant: local grants now accepting applications for grants up to £20,000.
- Updated with details of the 2017/18 fund priorities.
- Updated Strengthening local government delivery of the covenant paragraph.
- Updated the Applying to the Covenant Fund section Community integration / delivery of local services section.
- Updated section 'Strengthening local government delivery of the covenant' as the deadline for applying has been extended.
- Added note inviting applications for round two (under Priority 4).
- Added updated Applying to the Covenant Fund text.
- Updated Community integration / delivery of local services text.
- Included application deadline date for stage one and email address for expressions of interest.
- Added note: Priority 2: Families in stress and Priority 4: Community integration / delivery of local services Deadlines have been extended to 24 June 2016.
- Updated information about the Covenant Fund.
- Updated information about applying for the fund.
- Updated information because applications for the fund is now closed.
- Updated info about applying for the small grant scheme and link to the application form.
- Updated the how to apply information as applications deadline for the large grant fund has passed.
- Updated the 'Applying to the Covenant fund' section.
- Added additional information to the 'Applying to the Covenant Fund' section.
- First published.