This collection was withdrawn on
Formal responsibility for breastfeeding statistics has moved to Public Health England and NHS England.
This series brings together all documents relating to Breastfeeding statistics in England
Responsibility for the collection and publication of breastfeeding data has transferred from the Department of Health to NHS England.
For more information on breastfeeding statistics visit the NHS England website.
Statistics for previous years are available on the National Archives website
Data sets and publications for breastfeeding statistics in England
Breastfeeding statistics provide information on:
- breastfeeding initiation in acute NHS Trusts
- 6-8 week breastfeeding data collected by GPs and health visitors
- breastfeeding drop off rates
Infant Feeding Profiles 2010 to 2011
The Infant Feeding Profiles 2010 to 2011 report shows the correlation at Primary Care Trust level between higher rates of breastfeeding prevalence and lower rates of inpatient admissions among infants under one year old for the following ten conditions:
- lower respiratory tract infections
- noninfective gastroenteritis
- otitis media (ear infection)
- lactose intolerance
- infant feeding difficulties
- infant feed intolerance
- Official Statistics
- Statistical data set