Apprenticeship grant for employers of 16 to 24 year olds
Information for employers and training organisations about AGE 16 to 24.
The employer fact sheet and supporting documentation have been revised and are valid for claiming AGE Grants for apprentices starting from 1 April 2016 onwards.
For some areas the grant is managed locally and eligibility is different from the criteria in the documents hosted on this site.
From 1 August 2016 a further 5 areas will manage the AGE programme locally. Information on eligibility and how to access the grant can be found by following the links below:
AGE is now included in the funding rules which forms part of a training organisation’s funding agreement with the SFA. For 2015 to 2016 this can be found in the SFA funding rules 2015 to 2016 – version 2 – addendum 4. For 2016 to 2017 AGE is included as part of the Apprenticeship framework funding rules.
Published: 16 November 2014
Updated: 29 July 2016
- From 1 August 2016 a further 5 areas will manage the AGE programme locally added links to the page containing further information on eligibility and how to access the grant in each area.
- The employer fact sheet and supporting documentation have been revised and are valid for claiming AGE Grants for apprentices starting from 1 April 2016 onwards.
- Updated for 2016.
- Page updated to confirm the AGE programme will continue to be available from 1 January 2016.
- Added link to information about the West Yorkshire Combined Authority AGE programme.
- Added the link to the Sheffield City Region AGE programme.
- First published.