Appointments taken up by former Crown servants (2019-2020)
The Advisory Committee on Business Appointments' advice in relation to appointments it is aware have been taken up, or announced, in 2019-2020
Owing to staffing changes in our small secretariat team, the Committee’s annual report for 2018 - 19 will now be included in a two year report to be published in 2020. The Committee’s advice letters to individuals can be found listed on the ACOBA website in the usual way here.
The Committee’s advice given to former Crown servants in relation to new appointments or employment, including the conditions imposed.
This list relates to appointments it is aware of having been taken up, or announced, in 2019-2020. Information on appointments taken up before 2018-2019 can be found on the previous list (2014-15 to 2016-2017 and 2018-2019); or in the relevant Advisory Committee on Business Appointments’ annual report.
If an appointment is not listed here, it does not necessarily mean that advice has not been sought or provided. Until the point at which an appointment or employment is taken up, it remains in confidence. The Advisory Committee on Business Appointments publish advice only when it is informed that an appointment has been taken up or announced.
ACOBA advice - Crown Servants
This list includes the Committee’s advice on appointments published in 2019-2020, in alphabetical order
- Boyd, Ian - Chief Scientific Adviser at the Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs - ACOBA advice
- Chadwick, Lucy - Director General, International Security and Environment, Department for Transport
- Davidson, Sarah - Director General of Organisational Development and Operations for the Scottish Government - ACOBA Advice
- Devereux, Robert - Permanent Secretary at the Department for Work and Pensions - ACOBA advice
- Gray, Paul - Director General of Health and Social Care and Chief Executive of NHS Scotland - ACOBA Advice
- Hudson, Ian - Chief Executive of the Medicines and Healthcare Regulatory Service - ACOBA advice
- Kempson, Niel - Director General for Technology at GCHQ - ACOBA advice
- Morrison, Ian - Defence Saudi Armed Forces Projects at the Ministry of Defence - ACOBA Advice
- Owen, Sue - Permanent Secretary for the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport - ACOBA advice
- Prince, Conrad - Cyber Security Ambassador, Department for International Trade (DIT) – ACOBA recommendation
- Robbins, Oliver - Prime Minister's Europe Adviser, Cabinet Office - ACOBA advice
- Rycroft, Philip - Permanent Secretary at the Department for Exiting the European Union - ACOBA Advice
- Watkins, Peter - Director General of Strategy, Security and Policy Operations for the Ministry of Defence - ACOBA advice
Last updated 18 December 2019 + show all updates