Getting P45, P60 and other forms: employer guide

You must give all employees a P60 at the end of each tax year, and a P45 when they stop working for you. Use your payroll software to produce them, unless your software cannot do this or you’re exempt from filing online.

There’s a separate guide about P45, P60 and P11D forms if you’re a worker.

If you need more information about producing P60 or P45 forms, check your payroll software provider’s website or contact them.

You can use HM Revenue and Customs’ (HMRC) Basic PAYE Tools if your payroll software cannot produce P60 or P45 forms.

If you’re exempt from filing your payroll online

You can contact HMRC to order forms if you’re exempt from filing online.

You can apply to become exempt if you’re a care and support employer or there are exceptional circumstances. Find out more about which employers are exempt from online payroll reporting and how to apply.

Get other PAYE forms

You can get other PAYE forms including:

If you need to report expenses or benefits, you must fill in and send an online P11D form. You cannot print and post this form.

Browse the list of PAYE forms.