The confirmation statement has replaced the annual return to Companies House.

Use this service to:

  • file your confirmation statement (previously annual return)
  • file your company accounts - you might be able to file this jointly with your tax return for HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)
  • sign up for email alerts to let you know when your confirmation statement and accounts are due

If you were due to file an annual return by 30 June 2016, use this service to file your annual return instead of a confirmation statement.

Start now on the Companies House service

Read guidance on:

How to register

You’ll need a Companies House password and authentication code.

If you don’t have these, you can register online.

Download and fill in a confirmation statement form and post it to Companies House if you can’t file it online. The address is on the form.

You’ll need to download and fill in parts 1 to 5 if you’re updating information about your company.

It costs £40. Include a cheque with your company number written on the back.

If you were due to file an annual return by 30 June 2016, you must download and fill in form AR01 instead of a confirmation statement.

Where to send your form

Where you send your confirmation statement depends on where your company is based.

England and Wales

Companies House
Crown Way
CF14 3UZ


Companies House
4th Floor
Edinburgh Quay 2
139 Fountainbridge

Northern Ireland

Companies House
2nd Floor
The Linenhall
32-38 Linenhall Street