Use this form to submit an annual return to Companies House. Include the optional continuation pages if needed.
PDF, 447KB, 22 pages
PDF, 197KB, 11 pages
Annual return form (AR01)
The paper form is for limited companies in the UK which need to file an annual return. There is a cost of £40 to file the paper form.
To take advantage of a reduced fee of £13, in-built checks and pre-populated data, file your return online.
Use the form to provide a snapshot of your company information as at the date of the return and file it within 28 days of the filing deadline.
Don’t use the paper form if:
- the company is in the PROOF (PROtected Online Filing scheme)
- you need to file a form 363 under the 1985 Companies Act
The continuation pages are optional. Use them if you need to provide more details
Standard industrial classification (SIC) codes
Use the condensed list of SIC codes if you need to update your nature of business activity on your annual return.
Published: 29 July 2014
Updated: 30 June 2016
- New version relating to changes brought in by the The Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act.
- New AR01 version 9 added to the page. This will replace version 8 from 30 June 2016.
- New version 8.0 uploaded compliant with legal changes implemented on 6 April 2016
- Link to old 363 form added
- Attachments updated to version 7
- New version uploaded.
- Online filing option added
- Added link to SIC codes list.
- First published.