- Department for Communities and Local Government, Department for Work and Pensions, Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs, and Rural Payments Agency
- 14 April 2016
- Last updated:
- 28 March 2017, see all updates
- Closing date:
- 17 March 2017
- Fund state:
- Business support
- East of England and South East
- Funding source:
- European Regional Development Fund
Call for project's enhancing the competitveness of small and medium sized enterprises in the South East.
This call is now closed. Please do not submit an application for this call. The information provided on this page is for reference purposes only.
The closing date of this call has been extended to 17 March 2017.
The Government has confirmed that it will guarantee EU funding for structural and investment fund projects signed before the UK’s departure from the EU, even when these projects continue after we have left the EU. As a result, British businesses and other organisations will have additional certainty over future funding and should continue to apply for EU funding while the UK remains a member of the EU.
Funding for projects will be honoured by the government, if they meet good value for money and are in line with domestic strategic priorities. Each government department will take responsibility for the allocation of money to projects in line with these conditions and the wider rules on public spending. The full detail of the announcement can be found here.
This call is looking to enhance the competitiveness of small and medium sized enterprises and specifically:
- Promoting entrepreneurship, in particular by facilitating the economic exploitation of new ideas and fostering the creation of new firms, including through business incubators.
- Supporting the creation and the extension of advanced capacities for products, services and development.
- Supporting the capacity of Small and Medium Sized Enterprises to grow in regional, national and international markets and to engage in innovation processes.
For more information, download the call specification.
Project’s put forward under this call must cover all of the South East Local Enterprise Partnership area.
Up to £10,000,000 of funding is available through this call. A minimum value of £500,000 of funding can be applied for.
Outline application deadline: 17 March 2017
- First review point: 27 May 2016
- Second review point: 26 September 2016
It is anticipated that funding from this call will be awarded for up to 3 years.
How to apply
To apply for funding under this call you will need to complete and send the Outline Application form to the email address provided in the call document. The guidance provides information to help you complete the form. The form and guidance can be found here.
You are also advised to read the details in the call documents in order to produce an application that complies with the requirements and meets the needs set out in the Operational Programme. All this information, the related guidance and the European Regional Development Fund Operational Programme can be found from our home page.
What happens next
If your outline application is successful, we’ll contact you and ask you to make a full application.
If you have a question, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call reference number: OC30R16P 0324
Published: 14 April 2016
Updated: 28 March 2017
Closing date: 17 March 2017
- This call has closed.
- The closing date of this call has been extended to 17 March 2017.
- Updated information about guaranteeing EU funding
- First published.