- Department for Communities and Local Government, Department for Work and Pensions, Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs, and Rural Payments Agency
- 16 December 2016
- Last updated:
- 5 September 2017, see all updates
- Closing date:
- 31 October 2017
- Fund state:
- Research and innovation
- West Midlands
- Funding source:
- European Regional Development Fund
Call to run a project providing support for research and innovation in the Marches.
All ERDF funding allocated to Priority Axis 1 for The Marches more developed area (i.e. Herefordshire) has now been committed to approved applications or allocated to applications at the full application stage. This rolling call is now been closed for applications for projects that would incur expenditure in the more developed area. The call remains open for applications that would incur expenditure in the transition area (i.e. Shropshire and Telford & Wrekin): this includes applications to extend existing project activity in the transition area. Further information relating to extending existing transition area project activity is given in section 6.5 of the call specification.
This call is looking support research and innovation and specifically:
- Promote business investment in research and innovation.
- Enhancing research and innovation infrastructure and capacities to develop research and innovation excellence, and promoting centres of competence, in particular those of European interest.
For more information, download the call specification.
Project’s put forward under this call must cover the Marches Local Enterprise Partnership area.
Up to £3,300,000 of funding is available through this call. A minimum value of £500,000 of funding can be applied for.
Outline application deadline: 31 October 2017
- First review point: 17 February 2017
- Second review point: 30 April 2017
- Third review point: 30 July 2017
It is anticipated that funding from this call will be awarded for up to 3 years.
How to apply
To apply for funding under this call you will need to complete and send the Outline Application form to the email address provided in the call document. The guidance provides information to help you complete the form. The form and guidance can be found here.
Please make sure that you are using the latest version of the form and guidance from our website to submit your application.
You are also advised to read the details in the call documents in order to produce an application that complies with the requirements and meets the needs set out in the Operational Programme. All this information, the related guidance and the European Regional Development Fund Operational Programme can be found from our home page.
You may also find it helpful to see details regarding Technical Assistance projects. Details of these can be found on our website.
What happens next
If your outline application is successful, we’ll contact you and ask you to make a full application.
If you have a question, contact WM.ERDFenquiries@communities.gsi.gov.uk.
Call reference number: OC36R16P 0472
Published: 16 December 2016
Updated: 5 September 2017
Closing date: 31 October 2017
- This call has been amended to account for project extensions within the transition area.
- A specific note regarding available funding for this call has been added to the call details.
- First published.