This call is now closed. Please do not submit an application for this call. The information provided on this page is for reference purposes only.
This call is looking to:
- Enhance research and innovation infrastructure and capacities to develop research and innovation excellence, and promote centres of competence, in particular those of European interest
- Promote business investment in research and innovation
For more information, download the
Please note regarding eligibility: ERDF uses a fixed method to set hourly rates for staff working part of their time on a project, see section 5 of the ERDF Eligibility Guidance. Rates can be reviewed on an annual basis to reflect changes in wages. Please take this into account when setting your project budget.
Project’s put forward under this call must cover the Black Country Local Enterprise Partnership area.
Up to £3,000,000 of funding is available through this call. A minimum value of £500,000 of funding can be applied for.
Outline application deadline: 30 September 2019
Projects approved through this call will normally be expected to:
- Submit a detailed and complete full application within three months of formal selection at outline stage. Projects which fail to meet this deadline may be deselected;
- Commence delivery within the agreed timescale as stated in the Grant Funding Agreement; and
- Have completed the delivery of project activity by the end of June 2023.
How to apply
To apply for funding under this call you will need to complete and send the Outline Application form to the email address provided in the call document. The guidance provides information to help you complete the form. The form and guidance can be found here.
Please make sure that you are using the latest version of the form and guidance from our website to submit your application.
You are also advised to read the details in the call documents in order to produce an application that complies with the requirements and meets the needs set out in the Operational Programme. All this information, the related guidance and the European Regional Development Fund Operational Programme can be found from our home page.
You may also find it helpful to see details regarding Technical Assistance projects. Details of these can be found on our website.
What happens next
If your outline application is successful, we’ll contact you and ask you to make a full application.
If you have a question, contact WM.ERDFENQUIRIES@communities.gov.uk.
Call reference number: OC01R19P 1024