This call is now closed. Please do not submit an application for this call. The information provided on this page is for reference purposes only.
This call for proposals to address shortages in skills needs highlighted in the New Anglia Sector Skills Plans to unlock potential growth and enable individuals in the workforce to progress their careers.
Projects are encouraged to be flexible and innovative in order to address shortfalls in existing provision.
Applications should demonstrate value for money and support activities such as those listed below:
- Activities which address skills shortages or needs in a particular economic sector or local area which are not currently being addressed by employers or providers.
- Accessing provision that will enable use of innovative new technology or methods within business (e.g. Digitalisation or Industry 4.0).
- Enabling local employees to progress into skilled, higher-paid employment or onto further learning that will enable progression
- Unlocking identified growth potential or opportunities within a business currently limited by a lack of skills
- Upskilling current members of staff to fill identified ‘hard-to-fill’ vacancies
- Encourage collaboration with employers in key sectors to address gaps in the training landscape locally which have been identified in the area’s Sector Skills Plans.
- Identifying barriers that those in work may experience which prevents them from raising their skill levels, and putting in place support activity which will increase the number of people starting Level 4 qualifications, specifically those from ethnic minorities, women, those with disabilities and those who are in a single adult household with dependent children. Up-skilling can be achieved through professional and technical education including higher degree level apprenticeships and/or the academic route.
- Delivery of new and flexible skills projects which otherwise would not receive funding and which are aligned with objectives and actions agreed in at least one of New Anglia’s sector skills plans.
For more information, download the
The project must cover the New Anglia LEP Area.
Approximately £2,000,000 of funding is available.
Outline application deadline: 5 November 2018
The project must be completed no later than 3 years and 6 months after the proposed start date.
How to apply
To apply for funding under this call you will need to complete and send the Outline Application form to the email address provided in the call document. The guidance provides information to help you complete the form.
You are also advised to read the details in the call documents in order to produce an application that complies with the requirements and meets the needs set out in the Operational Programme. All this information, the related guidance and the European Social Fund Operational Programme can be found from our homepage.
Where to send completed applications
Completed Outline Applications must be submitted to email@example.com
Failure to send completed applications to this email address by the deadline in the call specification will be ineligible for consideration.
What happens next
If your outline application is successful, we’ll contact you and ask you to make a full application.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with queries linked to accessing or using the specification, forms, guidance etc.
No applications are to be sent to this email address. Completed applications must be sent to the email address provided in the ‘Where to send completed applications’ section above / Section 9 of the Call Specification.