This call is seeking projects which are designed to support non levy paying businesses and those levy payers who are part of a larger group but have local control over their levy to provide and develop new apprenticeship and workplace opportunities across the New Anglia geography, with the aim of increasing the number of businesses in the region who employ apprentices.
Applicants will also have to demonstrate the needs of other sectors are met and also describe the range of issues that organisations face specifically with regard to the creation of workplace opportunities and the recruitment of people at all ages and levels. Overcoming these barriers to opportunity will form a key part of the provision this call looks to create.
Projects should provide a range of engagement activities aimed at enabling more SMEs to offer apprenticeships and work experience opportunities including, but not limited to:
- Providing information and support to businesses which haven’t offered apprenticeships or work experience opportunities before.
- Re-engagement with businesses who have offered apprenticeship opportunities in the past, but no longer do so for various reasons.
- Support with the recruitment of apprentices, possibly through an Apprenticeship Training Agency or localised brokerage service.
- Long-term mentoring and support for businesses throughout an apprentice’s qualification.
- Advice and guidance on providing opportunities for disadvantaged and vulnerable groups within the labour market.
For more information, download the
The project must cover the New Anglia LEP Area.
Approximately £1,000,000 of funding is available.
Full application deadline: 02 May 2019
The project must be completed no later than 3 years and 6 months after the proposed start date.
How to apply
To apply for funding under this call you will need to complete and send the Full Application form to the email address provided in the call document. The guidance provides information to help you complete the form.
You are also advised to read the details in the call documents in order to produce an application that complies with the requirements and meets the needs set out in the Operational Programme. All this information, the related guidance and the European Social Fund Operational Programme can be found from our homepage.
Where to send completed applications
Completed Full Applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Failure to send completed applications to this email address by the deadline in the call specification will be ineligible for consideration.
Contact email@example.com with queries linked to accessing or using the specification, forms, guidance etc.
No applications are to be sent to this email address. Completed applications must be sent to the email address provided in the ‘Where to send completed applications’ section above / Section 9 of the Call Specification.