This call is now closed. Please do not submit an application for this call. The information provided on this page is for reference purposes only.
This call for proposals aims to support unemployed and inactive participants into employment and self-employment. Projects must deliver activity which directly contributes to the objectives of Priority Axis 1.1.
Successful applicants will do so by: providing Tailored support to individuals.
It is envisaged that providers of the employment service will provide tailored individual support in the following ways:
- Support individuals by providing them with informed Careers Information Advice and Guidance, which does not duplicate existing funded services such as NCS.
- Provide mentoring and wrap around services appropriate to individual need to help participants realise their careers and skills aspirations.
- Support out of work individuals to access the universal credit system with the aim of becoming more employable, particularly by developing their digital skills. (The digital skills support must bring added value and not duplicate provision provided by either DWP or the Local Authorities).
- Develop training pathways to increase the number of graduates employed in graduate level jobs.
- Support individuals in rural areas to address access to work issues.
- Provide ongoing in work mentoring to support sustained employment.
- Provide skills training to increase individual prospects of employability including:
- self-employment as an alternate option to employment
- supported work experience
- Maths, English and communications skills
- Basic skills and English for speakers of other languages, and functional English to support migrants
Links to other Employer Support Services – The D2N2 Growth Hub.
The employment service will work closely with employers and employer facing services particularly the D2N2 Growth Hub to prevent duplication and offer an integrated service to employers.
The employment programme will therefore provide a range of added value services that support employers in a variety of ways including:
- Address recruitment challenges by developing a supply of work ready candidates able to enter the labour market at appropriate levels.
- Promote Apprenticeships and Traineeships as solutions to skills and recruitment challenges
- Create jobs for disabled individuals and put in place tailored support to ensure sustainability in employment
- Provide advice to develop flexible HR and employment practices to provide solutions to recruitment issues
The employment service will also provide support to increase the number, quality and sustainability of business start-ups, working closely with the D2N2 Growth Hub and other publicly funded projects.
For more information, download the
The project must cover the D2N2 LEP Area.
Approximately £8,100,000 of funding is available.
Full application deadline: 28 December 2018
The project must be completed no later than 3 years and 6 months after the proposed start date.
How to apply
To apply for funding under this call you will need to complete and send the Full Application form to the email address provided in the call document. The guidance provides information to help you complete the form.
You are also advised to read the details in the call documents in order to produce an application that complies with the requirements and meets the needs set out in the Operational Programme. All this information, the related guidance and the European Social Fund Operational Programme can be found from our homepage.
Where to send completed applications
Completed Full Applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Failure to send completed applications to this email address by the deadline in the call specification will be ineligible for consideration.
Contact email@example.com with queries linked to accessing or using the specification, forms, guidance etc.
No applications are to be sent to this email address. Completed applications must be sent to the email address provided in the ‘Where to send completed applications’ section above / Section 9 of the Call Specification.