What to take to your test
You must take:
- your UK driving licence
- your theory test pass certificate
- a face covering, unless you have a good reason not to wear one
- a car - most people use their driving instructor’s, but you can use your own car if it meets the rules
Your test will be cancelled and you will not get your money back if you do not take the right things with you.
When you must not come to your test
You must not come for your driving test if:
- you or someone you live with has coronavirus symptoms
- you’ve been told by the NHS Test and Trace service that you’ve been in contact with a person who has coronavirus
If you recently entered the UK
If you’ve entered the UK in the last 14 days you must not come for your test, unless you:
- arrived from a country on the ‘travel corridor’ list
- belong to one of the groups who do not have to self-isolate
Wearing a face covering
You must bring and wear a face covering for your test, unless you have a good reason not to. Good reasons are things like:
- having a physical or mental illness or impairment, or a disability
- wearing it would cause you severe distress
You need to say if you have a good reason not to wear a face covering when you book your test.
Your test will be cancelled if you come for your test without a face covering and you did not say that you could not wear one when you booked it.
You can take it off during your test if you need to avoid harm or injury.
Your driving licence
You need to apply for a replacement driving licence if you lose yours before your test. This could take up to 15 days to arrive.
Rearrange your test if you do not get the new licence in enough time.
If you do not have a photocard licence
Bring a valid passport and your paper licence.
If you have a licence from Northern Ireland
Bring the Northern Ireland photocard and paper counterpart.
If you’ve lost your theory test certificate
Contact the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) with your:
- date of birth
- driving licence number
You’ll be sent a letter that you can take to your test instead of your pass certificate.
DVSA theory test enquiries\