You can't apply for this licence online. Contact your local council.
You must have a dog breeding licence if you breed and sell dogs.
Contact your local authority.
A vet or other inspector will visit and want to see that your dogs:
- live in suitable accommodation
- receive adequate food, water and bedding
- get enough exercise
- are transported in safe and comfortable conditions
- are protected in case of fire or other emergency
- are protected from the spread of disease
Length of licence
Your licence will be valid for 1 year.
You must renew your licence before the expiry date if you wish to continue as a dog breeder.
Contact the Kennel Club for more detailed information on breeding dogs.