Complain about unfair practices

Complain to the Central Arbitration Committee (CAC) if you feel that another party is using unfair practices to influence the ballot, eg bribery or threats.

To make a complaint fill in the unfair practices application form and send it to CAC. The address is on the form.

Complaints can be made at any time up to the end of day after the ballot closes.

Where CAC finds that unfair practices were used they may:

  • reschedule the ballot
  • cancel the ballot and declare that the union is derecognised
  • cancel the ballot and refuse the application for derecognition

The Code of Practice on Access and Unfair Practices during Ballots for Trade Union Recognition or Derecognition has more information.