Working with trade unions: employers
If you recognise a union in your workplace there are certain rules you need to follow.
- give the union information in advance to help with collective bargaining
- inform and consult the union about major changes in the workplace
- follow proper procedures if you’re taking union subscriptions straight from your employees’ pay (the ‘check off’)
- let union reps and members have time off for union activities
- not discriminate against a worker because they’re in the union