What we do
We handle complex national and international business disputes. Cases that we hear include:
- disputes over contracts and business documents
- insurance and reinsurance
- sale of commodities
- import, export and transport (‘carriage’) of goods
- issues relating to arbitration awards
- banking and financial services
- agency and management agreements
- construction of ships
Many of these cases can also be heard by the Mercantile Court. However, we generally hear the more complex cases, or cases where there is a large amount at stake.
Who we are
We are a specialist court, part of the Business and Property Court of the High Court of Justice.
We are based at the Rolls Building in London. Cases are heard by one Commercial judge.