We’re aware of people receiving fraudulent calls from telephone numbers mimicking genuine court or tribunal numbers. This is a scam.
The callers may request payment and claim to be from HMRC or other government departments.
If you receive a call like this, please don’t make a payment or share any details. You can report the call to Action Fraud and HMRC.
We handle complex national and international business disputes. Cases that we hear include:
- disputes over contracts and business documents
- insurance and reinsurance
- sale of commodities
- import, export and transport (‘carriage’) of goods
- issues relating to arbitration awards
- banking and financial services
- agency and management agreements
- construction of ships
Many of these cases can also be heard by the Circuit Commercial Court. However, we generally hear the more complex cases, or cases where there is a large amount at stake.
Who we are
We are a specialist court, part of the Business and Property Court of the High Court of Justice.
We are based at the Rolls Building in London. Cases are heard by one Commercial judge.