What we do
We handle complex national and international business disputes. Cases that we hear include:
- disputes over contracts and business documents
- insurance and reinsurance
- sale of commodities
- import, export and transport (‘carriage’) of goods
- issues relating to arbitration awards
- banking and financial services
- agency and management agreements
- construction of ships
Many of these cases can also be heard by the Mercantile Court. However, we generally hear the more complex cases, or cases where there is a large amount at stake.
Who we are
We are a specialist court within the Queen’s Bench Division of the High Court of Justice.
We are based at the Rolls Building in London. Cases are heard by one Commercial judge.