We’re aware of people receiving fraudulent calls from telephone numbers mimicking genuine court or tribunal numbers. This is a scam.
The callers may request payment and claim to be from HMRC or other government departments.
If you receive a call like this, please don’t make a payment or share any details. You can report the call to Action Fraud and HMRC.
The Circuit Commercial Court was formerly known as the Mercantile Court.
We handle commercial and business disputes. Cases that we hear include:
- disputes over contracts and business documents
- insurance and reinsurance
- sale of goods
- import, export and transport (‘carriage’) of goods
- professional negligence in commercial circumstances (eg solicitors and accountants)
- issues relating to arbitration awards
- restraint of trade
- banking and financial services
- agency and management agreements
- share sale agreements
- confidential information
There are no restrictions on the size of claims which can be brought to the Circuit Commercial Court. Cases will ordinarily be heard if they are of a genuine business nature and appropriate for the court.
Who we are
We are a specialist court, part of the Business and Property Court of the High Court of Justice.
We are based at the Rolls Building in London and also at district registries across England and Wales. Cases are normally heard by specialist senior circuit judges who are authorised to sit as High Court judges. Some cases may be heard by Commercial Court judges.