WT11: Wetland cutting supplement
Find out about eligibility and requirements for the wetland cutting supplement.
How much will be paid
£440 per hectare (ha).
Where to use this supplement
Available for Higher Tier
Only with one of the following options:
- WT6 - Management of reedbed
- WT7 - Creation of reedbed
- WT8 - Management of fen
- WT9 - Creation of fen
- WT10 - Management of lowland raised bog
How this supplement will benefit the environment
It supports the appropriate cutting management of wetland habitats.
Agreement holders are likely to need to:
- cut particular areas by an agreed method
- cut at specific times
- dispose of cuttings in an agreed way
- produce a simple map of the areas cut and the dates of cutting
Agreement holders will need to keep the following records and supply them on request:
- map of the areas cut
You should also be aware that at the start of each claim year, a percentage of agreement holders will be asked to take and submit the following photographic records:
- photographs of the management undertaken
The detailed requirements for this supplement will be tailored to the Higher Tier site. Applicants should discuss and agree these requirements with their adviser.
This supplement can be located on the same area as the following supplements:
- SP2 – Raised water level supplement
- SP4 - Control of invasive plant species supplement
- SP9 - Threatened species supplement
See the Higher Tier manual to find out more about the scheme and how to apply.
Published: 2 April 2015
Updated: 10 March 2017
- Updated for 2017 applications.
- Information updated for applications in 2016
- Update to 'keeping records' section.
- First published.