How much will be paid
£144 per tree.
Where to use this item
Available for Higher Tier
Only if there is a net cost for the removal of timber, allowing for any timber sales.
How this item will benefit the environment
It will support the removal of trees, helping to restore open habitats or prevent damage to environmental features.
Agreement holders will need to agree with Natural England a specification for the work, including:
- the removal of trees in the agreed places and at the agreed times
- ensuring that no trees are uprooted (or roots removed after felling) on historic or archaeological features
- the removal of felled trees from the site, leaving some wood stacked in the agreed areas
Agreement holders will need to keep the following records and supply them on request:
- any consents or permissions connected with the work
- receipted invoices or bank statements where a receipted invoice is unavailable
- please see the record keeping and inspection requirements as set out in the Higher Tier manual for more detail
Agreement holders will need to keep the following records and supply them with the claim:
- photographs of the completed work
Before applying the Forestry Commission must be consulted on the need for a felling licence and possibly an environmental impact assessment. A copy of their advice must be submitted with this application.
Applicants will need to send the following with their application:
- photographs of the trees to be removed
The detailed requirements for this item will be tailored to the Higher Tier site. Applicants should discuss and agree these requirements with their adviser.