How much will be paid
£2.50 per metre (m).
Where to use this supplement
Available for Mid Tier, Higher Tier and woodland creation grant.
How the item will benefit the environment
If successful this item will help control rabbits and protect environmental features. It will also help to manage habitats.
- use galvanised, 18 gauge, 31mm hexagonal wire mesh to construct the rabbit fence
- attach the netting to a pair of 2.65mm, high tensile, spring steel straining wires using galvanised netting rings
- one of the straining wires should be at the bottom of the fence and one at the top
- bury the bottom edge of the netting to a depth of 150mm, or lap the netting on the surface of the ground towards the rabbit threat
- anchor lapped netting at 1m intervals
- make sure that all the materials meet the relevant British Standards - examine copies of the most up-to-date standards for guidance
Agreement holders will need to keep the following records and supply them on request:
- any consents or permissions connected with the work
- receipted invoices, or bank statements where a receipted invoice is unavailable
- please see the record keeping and inspection requirements as set out in the Mid Tier manual for more detail
Agreement holders will need to keep the following records and supply them with the claim:
- photographs of the completed work
Applicants will have to send the following with their application:
- photographs of the existing site
Advice and suggestions for how to carry out this supplement
The following advice is to help you successfully carry out this supplement, but does not form part of the requirements for this item.
Use this supplement on a site where there is evidence of damage caused by rabbits, such as significant burrowing or crop damage.