How much will be paid
£24.50 per tree.
Where to use this item
Available for Higher Tier
How this item will benefit the environment
If successful new standard trees will be established in wood pasture and parklands, replacing lost trees or restoring sustainable populations.
- plant each tree in a pit deep and wide enough to contain the full depth and width of the root system
- plant native species at least 2 metres tall with enough spacing to allow for full crown development
- replace dead trees in the following planting season
- carry out work between I November and 31 March
- stake and tie each tree securely, using material appropriate to the size and species of tree
- prevent wind damage by using flexible rubber and adjustable tree ties
- maintain stakes and ties until the tree is established
- remove ties when the tree is established and no longer needs support
- protect trees from livestock and wild mammals
- control weeds until the trees have become established.
- plant trees beneath or within 20m of overhead power lines, or other overhead and underground services
- let tree guards damage the growing tree
Agreement holders will need to keep the following records and supply them on request:
- any consents or permissions connected with the work
- receipted invoices, or bank statements where a receipted invoice is unavailable
- the date location and method of any weed control undertaken
- the dates of planting
- details of age, height and species planted
- please see the record keeping and inspection requirements as set out in the Higher Tier manual for more detail
Agreement holders will need to keep the following records and supply them with the claim:
- photographs of the completed work
Applicants are likely to have to send the following with their application:
- photographs of the site where trees will be planted
The detailed requirements for this item will be tailored to the Higher Tier site. Higher Tier applicants should discuss and agree these requirements with their adviser.
This item can be used with the following items: