OT3: Organic land management - rotational land
Find out about eligibility and requirements for the organic land management - rotational land option.
How much will be paid
£65 per hectare (ha).
Where to use this option
Available for Mid Tier and Higher Tier
Whole or part parcel
- land registered as ‘fully organic’ by a Defra-licensed organic control body
- land parcels that have been cultivated in the preceding 7 years
How this option will benefit the environment
Maintains land under organic management, providing a wide range of environmental and public benefits.
Comply with organic standards for the life of the agreement.
Agreement holders will need to keep the following records and supply them on request:
- a valid organic certificate and schedule for all the parcels entered into this option with your annual claim
Applicants will have to send the following with their application:
- farm records to show that any permanent grassland parcels entered for this option have been cultivated within the previous 7 years
- a valid organic certificate and schedule for all the parcels entered into this option
Related Mid Tier options
Other Countryside Stewardship options and supplements relevant to arable and rotational land management may be used on the same land area where eligibility rules allow.
Advice and suggestions for how to carry out this option
The following section gives advice on carrying out this option successfully but does not form part of the requirements for this option.
Permanent ineligible features may be eligible as part of the option area if registered with a control body.
Published: 2 April 2015
Updated: 10 March 2017
- Updated for 2017 applications.
- Information updated for applications in 2016.
- Amendments to payment rate and second bullet under 'This option can only be used:'.
- Update to 'keeping records' section.
- First published.