WD9: Livestock exclusion supplement - scrub and successional areas
Find out about eligibility and requirements for the livestock exclusion supplement - scrub and successional areas supplement.
How much will be paid
£121 per hectare (ha).
Where to use this supplement
Available for Mid Tier and Higher Tier
It can be used whole or part parcel
Only when combined with:
- WD7 - Management of successional areas and scrub
- WD8 - Creation of successional areas and scrub (Higher Tier only)
Only on land:
- containing mostly native species of trees and scrubs
Where this supplement cannot be used
- for woodlands with an existing scheme to exclude livestock
How this supplement will benefit the environment
It helps scrub to develop through natural regeneration.
If successful there will be:
- more scrub growing close to grassland, woodland and other habitats
- birds and invertebrates using the scrub
- less soil erosion in scrub areas
- reduced floods in scrub areas
- keep livestock from the agreed area at all times
- submit an annual return to confirm that no livestock have grazed land under this supplement
Agreement holders will need to keep the following records and supply them on request:
- field operations at the parcel level, including associated invoices
An annual declaration on your claim form will be required to confirm that no stock have grazed land under this option.
Advice and suggestions for how to carry out this supplement
The following section gives advice on carrying out this supplement successfully but does not form part of the requirements for this supplement.
Once scrub has established, grazing can usually be re-introduced. This supplement may not be needed for the full duration of the agreement.
Published: 2 April 2015
Updated: 10 March 2017
- Updated for 2017 applications.
- Information updated for applications in 2016.
- First published.