PA2: Feasibility study
- Forestry Commission, Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs, and Natural England
- 2 April 2015
- Last updated:
- 31 March 2016, see all updates
- Grant type:
- Capital item
- Land use:
- Flood risk, Priority habitats, and Uplands
- Tiers or standalone items:
- Standalone capital items
- Funding (per unit per year):
- More than 50% actual costs
Find out about eligibility and requirements for the feasibility study item.
How much will be paid
Up to 100% of actual costs.
Where to use this item
It is available as a stand-alone agreement to aid an application for Higher Tier.
It can only be used with written permission from Natural England to do so.
How this item will benefit the environment
If successful this item will help plan how to protect or manage habitats, features and species.
Agreement holders are likely to need to:
- produce and agree with Natural England a detailed specification for the feasibility study
- provide at least 3 written quotations for preparing the study, identifying associated costs. Agree the selected quotation with Natural England
- commission the feasibility study from the selected provider and make sure that it is completed in line with the specification by an agreed date
- submit a copy of the completed feasibility study for approval by Natural England with the claim
Agreement holders will need to keep the following records and supply them on request:
- any consents or permissions connected with the work
- the 3 quotes for completion of the work
- please see the record keeping and inspection requirements as set out in the Higher Tier manual for more detail
Agreement holders will need to keep the following records and supply them with the claim:
- receipted invoices, or bank statements where a receipted invoice is not available
- photographs of the completed work
The detailed requirements for this item will be tailored to the Higher Tier site. Higher Tier applicants should discuss and agree these requirements with their adviser.
Advice and suggestions for how to carry out this item
The following section gives advice on carrying out this item successfully but does not form part of the requirements for this item.
Feasibility study format
Follow Natural England’s set format for the feasibility study. The format will depend on the option or items that the study covers.
Published: 2 April 2015
Updated: 31 March 2016
- Information updated for applications in 2016.
- Update to 'keeping records' section.
- First published.