How much will be paid
£117 per hectare (ha).
Where to use this supplement
Available for Higher Tier
Whole or part parcel
Only with one of the following options:
- CT3 - Management of coastal saltmarsh
- CT4 - Creation of inter-tidal and saline habitat on arable land
- CT5 - Creation of inter-tidal and saline habitat by non-intervention
- CT7 - Creation of inter-tidal and saline habitat on intensive grassland
How this supplement will benefit the environment
It supports saltmarsh vegetation management, for example by reducing existing levels of grazing, or introducing grazing or cutting.
If successful there will be:
- more varied sward structure and greater wildlife diversity
- better control of any scrub and coarse vegetation
- increased numbers of saltmarsh nesting species (such as redshank) due to more varied vegetation structure
- a reduction in trampling damage where grazing levels have been reduced
Agreement holders will need to carry out specific cutting or grazing management tailored to their site.
Agreement holders will need to keep the following records and supply them on request:
- field operations at the parcel level, including associated invoices
- any sites grazed will require a grazing activity record
The detailed requirements for this option will be tailored to the Higher Tier site. Applicants should discuss and agree these requirements with their adviser.
This supplement can be located on the same area as the following supplements:
- SP4 - Control of invasive plant species supplement
- SP6 - Cattle grazing supplement
- SP7 - Introduction of cattle grazing on the Isles of Scilly
- SP8 - Native breeds at risk supplement.
- SP9 - Threatened species supplement
Further information is available from: