Find out about eligibility and requirements for the administration of group managed agreements supplement.
How much will be paid
£6 per hectare (ha).
Where to use this supplement
Available for Higher Tier
Only in combination with an annual management option. The agreement land must be common land or have shared tenure with 2 or more legal interests.
How this supplement will benefit the environment
It is for agreements with shared tenure. It supports good administration of these agreements.
A well-administered agreement group will meet regularly and keep suitable records.
Register with the Rural Payments Agency
Agreement holders will need to register with the Rural Payments Agency (RPA) if they have not already done so. All participants in the agreement must be registered with the RPA and have their own Single Business Identifier. The agreement group must be separately registered.
Carry out the management as set out in the agreement.
Agreement holders will need to keep the following records and supply them on request:
- an up to date list of agreement participants. Send revised versions to the RPA and Natural England within 30 days of any change
- any bank statements, receipted invoices, consents or permissions connected with the work
- records documenting the activities and decisions of the group, association or committee - this includes records of meetings, constitution and agreement documentation and management of changes to the group membership or participants list
Applicants will need to send the following with their application:
- a copy of a written internal agreement
The detailed requirements for this supplement will be tailored to the Higher Tier site. Applicants should discuss and agree these requirements with their adviser.
This supplement may be used with most land management options and other supplements but not with the organic conversion or organic land management options.
Advice and suggestions for how to carry out this supplement
The following section gives advice on carrying out this supplement successfully but does not form part of the requirements for this supplement.
Picking the right situation
This supplement can be used where a group rather than an individual manages agreement land. This will often apply where the agreement is on common land or where there is shared grazing.
This internal agreement needs to state:
- the group’s governance
- responsibilities for achieving the agri-environment agreement requirements
- how members will be paid
- the evidence that all participants and the group are registered as a business with the RPA
See the Higher Tier manual to find out more about the scheme and how to apply.
Published: 2 April 2015
Updated: 29 March 2016
- Information updated for applications in 2016.
- First published.