Follow these steps if you have a problem with your council housing:

  1. Complain to your council - they should have a complaints policy that you can follow.

  2. Make a complaint to a ‘designated person’ (your MP, a local councillor or a tenant panel) if you cannot resolve the problem with your council.

  3. Contact the Housing Ombudsman if you and your council still cannot resolve the problem.

Housing Ombudsman
Telephone: 0300 111 3000
Find out about call charges